Frequently Asked Questions
Most Frequently Asked
How do vintage appliances affect my electricity bill?
Please see our blogpost for the answer to this question!
How do I buy from you?
At this time, Instagram and Facebook are where it shows large incoming items and all purchasing is done through there, but you can also purchase items when we are at antique flea markets. We will post on Instagram and Facebook when we will be at one, but you can also check the MARKETS tab for more information on them.
Can you fix my item?
Call and ask! We can fix most items, but can offer guidance otherwise. Please be ready with pictures and be with the item when you call.
Is shipping available?
We can ship smaller items, arrange large item delivery services across country and personally deliver items within a radius of Orange County, CA.
How do I defrost my vintage fridge?
Frost should normally be present on coils and walls of freezer boxes. Ice buildup over time will need to be removed every 1-6 months depending on model and use. Overfilling freezer will increase timeframe.
1. Set temp to “defrost” or “off” and leave door open
2. Set catch-pan up if present, or put a towel in bottom drawer
3. Use bowls of boiling water set on shelf or a heat gun to separate large pieces of ice from walls
4. Use ice scraper to break/scrape ice off into bowl or tray, but do NOT stab at ice, or punctures in parts may occur.
5. When most of the ice is removed, dry excess water, turn temp back to original setting and close door.
Note: early automatic and self defrost models often still require defrosting just not as often.
How do I maintain my vintage mixer?
Every 6 months, apply 2 drops of household oil into each “oil hole,” platter bearing, and into 3 beater holes.